The Owensboro Society for Human Resource Management (OSHRM) was founded on May 16, 1968. It is proud to be among the more than 575 affiliated SHRM chapters in the United States.
The OSHRM chapter is comprised of about 125 Human Resource professionals working in Owensboro and surrounding area. Approximately 60% of OSHRM members are national SHRM members and 40% of OSHRM members are certified as HR professionals by HRCI or SHRM.
The purposes of OSHRM include:
- To promote a forum for the personal and professional development of our members.
- To provide an arena for the development of trust relationships where common problems can be discussed.
- To provide an opportunity to focus on current human resource management issues of importance to our members.
- To provide a focus for legislative attention to state and national human resource management issues.
- To provide valuable channels for the gathering and dissemination of information.